Friends don't let friends use proprietary software.
- Comment on Dirty Pipe Vulnerability - Writing on read-only/immutable files:
- 2021-04-29: first support ticket about file corruption
- 2022-02-19: file corruption problem identified as Linux kernel bug, which turned out to be an exploitable vulnerability
- 2022-02-20: bug report, exploit and patch sent to the Linux kernel security team
- 2022-02-21: bug reproduced on Google Pixel 6; bug report sent to the Android Security Team
- 2022-02-21: patch sent to LKML (without vulnerability details) as suggested by Linus Torvalds, Willy Tarreau and Al Viro
- 2022-02-23: Linux stable releases with my bug fix (5.16.11, 5.15.25, 5.10.102)
- 2022-02-24: Google merges my bug fix into the Android kernel
- 2022-02-28: notified the linux-distros mailing list
- 2022-03-07: public disclosure
- Comment on Lemmy Release v0.16.0: Theming and Federation Improvements.:
Amazing! love the default_theme and that adding themes is so easy now.
- Comment on Is there any software to filter high pitched sounds?:
You could try EasyEffects (FKA PulseEffects)
The Equalizer plugin should work, but there may be a better one.
- Comment on What's the best thing about Lemmy?:
It donation supported instead of being run by an effing corporation.
- Comment on We all know printer ink cartridges are a scam ? But why isn't any action being taken against the companies? If any action has been taken, then why is printer ink still so expensive?:
There is a small cabal of like 7 companies that make inkjet printers.
They implement secret govt fingerprinting and anti-counterfeiting protocols.
They all work together for anti-consumer and anti-competitive reasons.
- Comment on Torvalds: Delete Linux because it sucks:
If you click on the commit, there is a reasonable warning message
You'd think they add it to the tree view too =/
- Comment on Why this app is so political?:
The software isn't political, instances can be though
- Comment on Apple to Attend White House Meeting to Discuss Security Risks of Open-Source Software:
I'm assuming the "risk" is to their indiscriminate dragnet spyware
- Comment on What should determine the pay of CEOs?:
two-thirds vote by employees?
- Comment on :
I remember when we would just vote-ban ppl who were cheating 😩